Sunday 25 November 2012

Sunday bloody Sunday


My phone rang just after 7.30am, to say, Phoebe was missing me and wanted to show me the xmas tree they had put up this morning. I stumbled out of bed with a human heart and fell on a mechanical brain.
I was dressed and two coffees later I was traipsing down the hill joyfully listening to odds and ends of music I had posted a few days earlier.I had found the head phone I was given with, the iphone so, I used the novelty of music, to ease my path.
I reached the house of pain, withdrew the key, I don't like having, drew my breath, buckled my belt and entered the chamber of rejection.
The chicken, I purchased from Asda the day before, was cooking up a storm of aromatic seduction, I was hungry and Sunday dinner for breakfast sounded like a better plan than, waiting around till the wolf howled.
My daughter shot me a look, which communicated a thousands why and where's.
She was angry with me and wanted to let me know, by the use of exclusion. I was to be ignored for the best part of 3 hours.
We just don't jell, in the other house, the way we do here. There is only one sofa and her mum sits on it, so I am always dotted around on a kids chair or poofie. Actually, if the truth be known, mostly, I will be found running around after the kid in the kitchen, while cooking, cleaning or making bloody rollups.
Her mum was complaining about having a sore back, thats what the early morning call was about, energetic kid, ME mum. hmmm.

I had to escape the house, her mum, I said 'you go to bed with a DF  and I will take Phoebe around town and do some shopping. Everyone was out of sinc.
Jump back, we had the Sunday dinner, including; roast potato's and Parsnip, boiled savoy cabbage, carrots and gravy from the chicken juice, at about 12 noon. It went down a treat.
The chicken is more for the kid and the cat, more the cat than anyone. Its my cat, well' was my cat until she made the choice to leave here and turn up there 3 days later.
When we left the house we bumped into old man John and his dog Belle, he has been trying to befriend us since the summer but I hadn't seen him for a few months. I don't really like him to want to reciprocate the friendship gesture but my kid loves his dog. He said 'he was popping in to take out some money and would be in later if I was passing. I said yeah I will try and pop in but thought fcuk that 'I don't like you mate' and pulled away. My kid wanted to follow the man to the shops, saying come quick lets catch up with John and Belle and throwing mini tantrums at my attempts to thwart her attention. I eventually said to her Daddy doesn't like the man, he is not a friend of mine so let it go your winding me up. She stopped and we ran off to run through an empty shopping quadrant to find Asda. I forgot to mention it was pouring with rain outside and its a mile walk to the store.
When we arrived she wanted a trolley and I didn't want one as, they were all wet and I buy too much, when I have a trolley and it wasn't my card, I was using.
I eventually caved, she wanted a small trolley, there was none around so, we had to search the car park for a small one. I remembered seeing a group of them on the way into the area. When we eventually arrived at the furthest trolley shed to find small and big ones she decided she wanted to sit in a big one now. Oh Phoebe you do make me laugh I said.
It took ages to get around the store and walk out with the six bags of shopping in hand, 4 more than I should have been buying.
The rain was pelting down by now but fortunately apart from the car park we can find our way back to her mums under shelter, even though its a trek.
When we arrived back at her mums, she returned to being angry with me. I said to her earlier in the morning when I first arrived 'are you angry with me, for leaving yesterday' she said 'yes'. It kind of hung in the air. I hate the feelings she is starting to discuss because they are all directed at me, she sees her mum as the innocent one and blames me for taking her away and not being nicer to her mum. She doesn't get it and me being pulled down to that house all the time or her mum coming here is really confusing her but her mum, seems oblivious to it all.
I cleaned up down there, talked the kid around and parted ways with her mum around 4pm she was too tired to give us a lift back up the road, with all our bags and things.
As soon as we go back my kid went into her room, jumped on her bed a bit and then proclaimed she hated me. I said oh Phoebe hate is a strong word, to use. I get your angry but its really as painful for me as it is you to be dealing with all this stuff, all the time. I reassured her we would find the answer and make things all better, we made up and played games for an hour or so until sleepy time.
Lately, she has been doing allot of talking in her sleep, especially the earlier parts of the evening but tonight apart from 2 pee's she has been quiet. I did just receive a text from her mum to say she has just woke up, I thought a but late for that. This has been a normal Sunday for me and people wonder why I stress over going down there. Its got nothing to do with sex and everything to do with respect and closure

No comments:

Post a Comment